SilentiumPC Gladius M40 case combines rich functionality and compact dimensions. It presents a stylish and low-key design with dominant black color.
The front panel, apart from the manufacturers logo, has got only two indicators. The top panel, on the other hand, has got a full range of ports. There you can find two USB 2.0 ports, one USB 3.0 port and a SATA hard drive docking station – all of them protected by silicone caps. There are also one audio and one microphone ports.
Three integrated fan speed controllers allow speed regulation of maximum six fans – there are three modes of fan speed available: “off”, “slow” and “fast”. On the top panel there is also a dust filter, under which there is a space for two optional 120mm fans.
Special imprints on the side panels increase the firmness of the construction and space available for CPU cooling and cable routing. Power supply, and optional bottom fan, filters are easy to reach without the need to open the case.
The case is equipped with three 120mm fans, two in the front and one in the rear. Additionally, the user can mount another three 120mm fans, two on the top and one at the bottom of the case, next to the power supply.
Inside the case there is a place for three 5,25″ drives, one of which can be converted to 3,5″/2,5″, and up to four 3,5″ or 2,5″ hard drives. Apart from the fans mounted on the case, there is an option to mount additional 80mm fans on the hard drive bays.
The structure of the case enables using very long video cards – up to 420mm – and CPU coolers up to 157mm high. Thanks to the system of cable arrangement, the components can be cooled more efficiently.
- elegant and modern design
- made of 0.6mm SECC steel and high quality ABS
- black interior
- CPU cooler backplate cut-out
- suitable for long video cards (max. 420mm)
- front made of black steel mesh with an anti-dust filter
- tools-free access to the inside of the case
- tools-free hard drive mounting
- crosswise mounting of up to 4 HDD
- power supply area on the bottom of the case with anti-vibration foam pads
- rubber anti-vibration case stand-offs
- easy to reach anti-dust filter under the power supply
- quiet 120mm fans included (2x120mm front, 1x120mm rear)
- ventilated PCI covers
- compact dimensions
- USB 3.0 port and a SATA docking station
- three, three-stage, two-channel, fan controllers
- Dimensions: 473 x 492 x 198mm (HxDxW)
- Standard: mATX/ATX
- Net weight: 6.8 KG
- Drive bays:
- 3 x 5,25”
- 2 x 5,25” + 1 x 3,5” (adapter)
- 4 x 3,5” or 2,5″
- Expansion slots: 7
- Maximum VGA card length: 420mm
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 157mm
- Ventilation (three fans included, up to 8 total):
- Front: 2 x 120mm fan (1200 r.p.m.)
- Rear: 1 x 120mm fan (1200 r.p.m.)
- Top: 2 x 120mm fan (1200 r.p.m.)
- Bottom: 1 x 120mm fan (1200 r.p.m.)
- Top panel interface:
- 1 x USB 3.0 (internal connector)
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x Headphones (HD audio)
- 1 x Microphone (HD audio)
- 1 x SATA docking station for 3,5″ or 2,5″ drive
- PSU (ATX PS2 standard): not included
- Extra features:
- Three, three-stage, two-channel, fan controls
Please note that no PC components such as motherboard, CPU, memory, VGA cards or PSU are included with the case and are shown on photos just for reference.