SilentiumPC Gladius X80 Pure Black is a versatile midi tower case in an elegant black color with a fairly aggressive style.
I/O interface connectors are located on the top panel, this means the case front panel is free from any additional elements or switches. The case has got two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports and a SD card reader – all protected with silicone caps – plus audio and microphone ports. There is also SATA disk dock hidden under an elegant cover, compatible with both 3.5” and 2.5” drives.
Additionally, on the top panel there are three two-channel fan speed controllers, that can control up to 6 fans in three modes – “off”, “slow” and “fast”. The two front fans have built-in blue LEDs, which can be switched off by a press of a button that is placed on top of the case, this feature has no impact on fan speed.
The two front fans are shielded by two independent dust filters concealed in the front panel. The bottom fan (which is optional) and the power supply unit are also protected with two dust filters that are easy to reach without the need to open the case.
The top of the case has got an easy to dismount mesh cover, under which there are two magnetic dust filters.
Gladius X80 dimensions allow mounting of up to 175mm high CPU cooler, the space between motherboard tray and left side cover for cable routing has up to 25mm. The space reserved for graphic cards is 300mm and can be increased to 430mm after removing the top hard drive bays.
The case has got three 120mm fans included, two in the front and one in the rear. Additionally, the user can mount another five 120mm fans – two at the top, one at the bottom next to the power supply unit, and two on the hard drives’ bays.
Inside there is space for three 5.25” drives, the set includes one 5.25” to 3.5” adapter, and up to eight HDDs – 3.5” or 2.5”. Apart from the fans on the case there is also an option to mount additional 80mm fans in the drives’ trays.
- elegant with modern design
- made of 0,8~1,00mm SECC steel and high quality ABS
- black interior
- CPU cutout for easy cooler mounting
- compatible with long VGA cards (up to 430mm)
- mesh front panel with concealed dust filters
- tools-free interior access
- tools-free ODD mounting
- space for up to 8 HDDs or SSDs
- PSU mounting area on bottom of the case with anti-vibration foam
- rubber, anti-vibration case stand-offs
- easy to access and clean bottom dust filters
- quiet 120mm fans included (2x front, 1x rear)
- can accommodate up to 8 expansion cards (or 3way SLI)
- ventilated PCI slot covers
- compact dimensions
- USB 3.0 and SATA docking station (for both 3,5″ and 2,5″ HDDs)
- integrated SD card reader
- three independent, three-level, two-channel fan speed controllers
- Case dimensions: 540 x 514 x 210mm (Hx D x W)
- Standard: mATX/ATX
- Net weight: 9.5 KG
- Drive bays:
- 3 x 5,25”
- 2 x 5,25” + 1 x 3,5” (adapter)
- 8 x 3,5” or 2,5″
- Expansion slots: 8
- Maximum VGA card length: 430mm
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 175mm
- Ventilation (three fans included, up to 8 total):
- Front: 2 x 120mm fan, blue LED (1200 r.p.m.)
- Rear: 1 x 120mm fan (1200 r.p.m.)
- Top: 2 x 120mm fan (option)
- Bottom: 1 x 120mm fan (option)
- HDD cage: 2 x 120mm fan (option)
- Top panel interface:
- 2 x USB 3.0 (internal connector)
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x Headphones (HD audio)
- 1 x microphone (HD audio)
- 1 x SATA docking station for 3,5″ or 2,5″
- 1 x SD card reader
- PSU (ATX PS2 standard): not included
- Extra features:
- Three independent, three-level, two-channel fan speed controllers (up to 6 fans)
- Front fans LED on/off switch
- EPS 8pin extension cable
Please note that no PC components such as motherboard, CPU, memory, VGA cards or PSU are included with the case and are shown on photos just for reference.